Monday, March 19, 2012

Charleston Weekend

Hi friends,
How was your weekend? Did you watch basketball? Did you get outside? What was the weather like where you were? Did you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? Did you at least wear green? I didn't! We went away for the weekend and it didn't even cross my mind to pack anything green. My suitcase was full of red, white, and blue. I like to stay with one style/color palette for a trip. It makes is so much easier when considering what shoes and accessories/jewerly to pack.

My awesome mother-in-law gave my husband and I a joint gift of a gift certificate to our favorite hotel in charming and historic Charleston, South Carolina. Her only request was that she get to watch the kids for us at her house while we enjoyed our weekend. SOLD!

Here is where we stayed in Charleston, The French Quarter Inn:










Here's where we stayed the next night along the waterfront:



We were really excited to learn that my parents happen to be visiting Charleston the same weekend! My dad had a special part in his alma mater's parade at The Citadel. He graduated from there over 50 years ago.


Charleston is a beautifully charming historic city located along the water in South Carolina. My parents actually met and fell in love in Charleston back in 1960. March is a wonderful time to visit this city because the azaleas are in bloom. Steve and I really enjoyed relaxing and walking all over the city during the weekend soaking up the architecture and charm.









I hope you are having a great start to your week! Thanks for joining me today. Happy spring!
Happy decorating & living,
Megan
megan@cottagebluedesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment