Wow! Thank you friends! You all gave me a ton of ideas on how to make a guest room the best! I also scoured the web for some inspirational guest room photos. I want to share some of the photos and tips with you today.
Here are some inspirational guest rooms that I KNOW I'd LOVE to stay in:
Here are some of the guest room tips that you shared with me (I want to come and stay with you!):
1. Vase of flowers
2. Water glass
3. Extra pillows
4. Accessible outlets for guests' chargers
5. Guest Journal
6. Pretty stationary and pens
7. Scented candles
8. Dish of candy
9. The bed is most important. You want it to be like sleeping on a cloud. Add the cushiest mattress pad and a feather bed under the mattress pad. The linens are soft and in winter...flannel. Lots of pillows so guests have a choice on what to sleep on. Lots of bed pillows. And most important of all....down comforter at end of bed, light weight in warmer areas. It just adds so much.
10. Make sure the room is immaculate and free of dust under bed etc. In case of allergies, kind of important.
11. Luxury bed linens that are only, only used for guests!!! Splurge on these...so important
12. A good reading light to allow reading in bed.
13. The choice and availability of having a fresh towel daily.
14. Consider having an extra bed in the room ( like they do in Ireland). This allows for a family with a child to all share the same room. Also, a great place to have the suitcase off the floor. Needed: a place to put the suitcase.
15. Fix a basket of spa like toiletries for all my girl guests. Soaps, shampoos, lotions and a scruffy scrub for bathroom use. Put these in a pretty basket on table. They always comment on how nice this is.
16. Reading materials: books, magazines, etc.
Wow! That is some list! Thanks everyone! Did we forget anything!
Happy decorating & living-