Tuesday, September 27, 2011

House Crashing: Upstairs Guest Room & Laundry Room

Hi friends,
How much would you love to stay in this guest room? Alison shared with me that she commissioned a fellow she met at a local flea market to make her headboard. Isn't it cool? She picked up the cardboard "BEACH" letters at a craft store and dry brush painted them the perfect shade of blue. I love the striped blue, green, and tan lightweight quilt. Don't you?







Here Alison uses her functionality philosophy with the trunk at the end of the bed which can hold additional blankets and towels for guests.





Alison shared with me that she and her son picked up this sweet tray at the local Goodwill store for one dollar. I have to admit that I went to the same store that afternoon and picked up a Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz costume for my daughter and sailboat artwork for my son's room. Good tip! I will be returning again soon! I plan on donating summer clothes from my children and looking over their home goods section as well.





Now we are in the hallway on our way to the laundry room.





Friends, I have never seen a laundry room like this one. I immediately went home and shared these photos with my husband. We have plans to add a shelf for folding clothes on top of our washer and dryer. Alison shared with me that her father and husband added the shelf and it is easily removed in case they need access to the washer/dryer.

Alison shared with me that the Santa Cruz tee shirt from Old Navy is special to her because that is where she was born.





Look how pretty these jars are.





I love, love, love these wire baskets.











We are having so much fun house crashing Alison's home. Thank you again, Alison, for opening up your beautifully coastal inspired home. We are so inspired.

Happy decorating & living,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment