Friday, September 23, 2011

House Crashing Happening

Hi friends,
I am back at home in Raleigh, North Carolina and am so excited to share a HOUSE CRASHING I did earlier today. I am so pleased to share the home with you of my friend and neighbor, Alison.

Alison has an excellent eye for decorating. She often shops at flea markets and thrift stores for treasures to work in her beautiful coastal inspired home. She shared with me that every piece of furniture in her home has to not only be beautiful but functional. She shared many functionality tips with me that I will share with you. Alison also has filled her home with treasures and finds from special times spent at the beach as well as sentimental items from family members which I will highlight for you in the upcoming days.

Here's the exterior of Alison's home (it was raining today). Don't you love the craftsman style?


Here is Alison:



Here is the front porch. Alison painted the bench and filled the tray below it with treasures from the sea:


Here is a seating arrangement on the front porch.
Don't you just want to sit and stay a while?








Let's go inside:

Entry way.
Notice the ecletic colletion of F's. Isn't it cool?



That's just a sneak peek into Alison's beautiful home. Stop back by my blog in the upcoming days and I will share Alison's entire home with you. I will share decorating tips and functionality tips with you that Alison shared with me. I am so inspired by Alison's style. I know that you will be too!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hopefully the rain will stop here soon so we can get out.
Happy decorating & living,
Megan
megan@cottagebluedesigns.com

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful....Give us more!! So nice to see that style of house in the SOUTH!! Can't wait for the rest of it.

    Hope your week wasn't too stressful. Glad to have the blog up and running again. We miss you when you are gone....just sayin'!

    Going to an antiques show tomorrow in NH. Pray for nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb,
    Enjoy the antiques show! Don't you just love Alison's house? I'll share her living and dining rooms tomorrow. I left her house today as inspired! I missed blogging!
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete