Sunday, August 7, 2011

Eat-in Kitchen Make-Over Progress

Hi friends,
I wanted to update you with our progress on our Room Make-Over Design Plan for our eat-in kitchen.

I am crazy about interesting light fixtures! It's true! Whenever I go to a new restaurant I am always looking around at the decor and especially checking out their lights. Earlier this week I shared the new light we added (from our old house in Virginia) to our living room. Well, that awesome and handy husband of mine has been at it again. He changed out two more light fixtures on our main floor that I wanted to share with you.

Here's our new light in our eat-in kitchen. Thanks to my wonderful brother, Richard, and his wife, Noriko, who gave me this light from Ballard Designs (they're currently having a lighting sale right now) for my recent birthday:












Sorry that the kitchen pictures are so dark- it's because of the coffee colored painted ceiling.

Old eat-in kitchen light:








You might have noticed that I painted our rattan/wicker chairs cream and added green pillows to the two arm chairs for a pop of color- that was Kristi's idea- thanks Kristi!  I changed out the accessories on the tray on the table from blue to green as well.

Here was my Room Make-Over Design Plan for this room:




I still need to:

1. Find some type of small buffet for the kitchen.

2. Paint a chalkboard on the large wall. We decided to save money by painting our own chalkboard instead of buying one.

3. Figure out some artwork to add to the smaller wall.



I want to add an addition interesting and pretty pendant light or two right here in the kitchen over the bar area:









Stop back by my blog in a day or two and I'll share my new office light that my honey changed out for me.
Happy decorating & living-
Megan
megan@cottagebluedesigns.com

2 comments: