Monday, August 1, 2011

We have color!

Hi friends,
While I was away with the kids last week visiting my mom in Virginia, I left my awesome and amazing husband a killer of a 'Honey Do List'.


Not only did that awesome husband work all week but he also worked in our home. I can't wait to share the fruits of his labor with you this week. Seriously, I think I put at least 10 things on his list and I believe he completed almost all of them! He is amazing!

Project #1: We have color now in our master bedroom. Steve painted the room a grayish blue Valspar paint from Lowes called 'Shark Loop'. We LOVE it! You may remember that it was a large white box before. The new color on the walls adds so much warmth and personality to the room. It's a very peaceful and rejuvenating space. Let me share some picture with you.....













You might remember from another blog I shared that I was considering doing something special on this wall behind the bed. I was going to do something big for an inspiration wall. I was considering wallpaper or stenciling. I also considered vinyl designs. In the end, I decided to reuse artwork that we already had. The large rubbed white square tin pieces are from Pottery Barn. The 3 gray framed shell note cards (purchased on a beach vacation a few years ago) really worked for me above the bed. What do you think?










The look I was going for is something I call "Coastal Cottage Chic". I think painting the room is getting us there. Here's the Room Make-Over Plan that I created for this room:



Projects left to do:

-Get some warm bamboo blinds for the 3 windows- I am now thinking we might not need panel curtains- the bamboo blinds might be enough

-New bed quilt from Pottery Barn that matches that new shams should be delivered to us this month- that will add a little more color to the room

-I am rethinking the space where I was considering another piece of furniture for storage (to the left of the dresser)- now I thinking we need a chaise lounge for reading

-I wish I could talk my husband into getting rid of the ceiling fan and getting something pretty and a little sparkly in it's place like this:



What do you think so far?

I will share more of Steve's 'Honey Do List' projects this week. Thanks Honey!!!!

Happy decorating & living-
Megan
megan@cottagebluedesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment