Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Updated: My Office Room Make-Over Design Plan

Hi friends,
Thanks for your feedback regarding my too small new light in my home office from yesterday's blog. I completely agree with you, it must find a new home and soon. I've got my eye on this little beauty from Ikea:


It's reasonably priced and with a diameter of 24 inches the size of it will fit the scale of the room much better than this one that I tried so hard to re-use in this room but it's just not cutting it (it's entirely too small):


I've been working on a Updated Room Make-Over Design Plan for my home office. Here's what I have come up with so far:





You might recall that I made a Room Make-Over Design Plan for my office last month but decorating for me is a very ogranic thing- my ideas and inspirations change over time as I live in a space and get new ideas. Here's what I was thinking last month (you can see that some of my ideas have stayed constant while I've been inspired in some other ways- rethinking the light fixture):



Let's break it down:

1. I still love this blue circles rug that I found in a Home Decorators catalogue:



2. I am now really thinking this white basket large light from Ikea will work wonderfully in this space:

3. I recently found these green medallion panel curtains at Ballard Designs and am dying to use them:

Decorating your home is definitely a work in progress. Happy decorating & living to you-
Megan
megan@cottagebluedesign.com

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant choices.....love the light, the curtains, paint, and the rug is brilliant!!! You go, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb! Now I just need to work more so I can pay for these purchases! ;) Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. All in good time, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true Barb, patience is not a trait that I possess. I try.....
    Megan

    ReplyDelete