Sunday, June 5, 2011

Revealing the Eat-in Kitchen


For our new eat-in kitchen our old rectangular wooden table wouldn't fit in this space so we found this fun oval wooden table at World Market. You can see our old rectangular wooden table outside on our deck- it's definitely getting weathered in the elements quickly. We were able to reuse our brown wicker chairs from our old table.


We tossed in two pillows which we bought to stage our old home for the two wicker chairs that have arms. I thought the colors worked and I LOVE being able to reuse something in a new space.



For the table accents, I chose this fun bright blue to center the accessories around along with the warmth of the wicker basket. There is some of this fun bright blue in the family room which is next to this room. I just cut some leaves off of a plant in the screened-in porch to add some green color to the mix.



This art work is just holding the space right now. I'd like to get something more inspiring and interesting in the future. For now these will do though. There are simply wooden picture frames holding some pretty scrapbook paper (one of my old tricks- very inexpensive) that coordinates with the colors in the room:




The graphic brown curtains that I put in the eat-in kitchen are the exact same that I have in the adjoining family room to bring the two spaces that are open to each other together:



Family Room (notice- same graphic brown curtains):



Of course, you know me, and this room, like all rooms is a room "in progress". I am still working on it.

I hope to put in a new light fixture for over the table. I am considering this one from Ikea (gotta convince the husband first that it's the right light fixture):



I would also like to change the paint color to a soft warm blue. 

Hope you found something interesting or inspiring about today's post. That's my goal, to try to inspire others to create a home that they love.

I'd love to hear from you.
Happy decorating and living-
God Bless You.
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment