Monday, May 2, 2011

My New Office

First things first, a girl has to have a beautiful space to work in, to get inspired in, right?











It is time to get my home office up and running and more importantly looking fantastic so that I actually want to work. We moved into our new home in Raleigh, NC about 3 weeks ago and my home office is the room that is most together at this point. I have focused my decorating attention on this room because I did want to have a calming, inspiring space to work. It's certainly not finished by any means, I do want to change the paint color to a soft blue. I am also waffling on the current chandelier fixture in the room and am not quite sure that the curtains are working. But I am living with the chandelier and the curtains for a little while. I do love the blue and green color palette. The craft table with bar stools covered in fun green and blue striped fabric is perfect for holding my design books, sewing machine, and more. I gave an old fake wood shelf from my parent's house in the 1970s a new life by painting it with several coats of fresh white paint. I found the blue and green small lamp shades at Pottery Barn on clearance. I hung my favorite blue and green beach glass mirror in my office as well as the four graphic blue and green prints.

Now that the room is mostly together, I can't wait to go into my home office and work on client's design plans for Room Make-Overs or consult with client on decorating dilemnas. I love looking out the large windows in the room to see what's going on in our neighborhood.

I did get the room finished just in time to work on a client's room make-over design plan for her living and dining rooms. What is a room make-over design plan you ask? Are you looking for some decorating ideas to spice up a room in your house? It's as easy as 1,2,3....
      1. Email me some photos of your current room
      2. Fill out a Client Questionaire for me
      3. Let me create a Room Make-Over Design Plan for you

In the Room Make-Over Design Plan I tailor decorating ideas for your needs and shop online for suggestions of furniture, lighting, fabric, rugs, window treatments, accessories, paint color and more to make over your room. You then decide what works best for you.

Are you interested in having a Room Make-Over for your house? Contact me: megan@cottagebluedesigns.com

Now, back to work on my client's Room Make-Over plan for her living room and dining room....





Happy Decorating!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment