Tuesday, May 31, 2011

La Jolla is beautiful!!!

Steve and I spent yesterday afternoon in the La Jolla area. Man, oh man! It's gorgeous! It blew my mind how much of the Pacific Ocean you can see. I am so use to the Atlantic Ocean and a relatively flat landscape (which by the way is beautiful too) so to see the expanse of the ocean from a high location is just breathtaking!!!!!


It was also very cool to see the seals (is that what they were?) on the rocks:


Here I asked a nice couple to take a photo of my Skippy and me:




For an early dinner we went to George's On the Cove (thank you Penny Ford for the recommendation, it was awesome- the view! ahhh!) (you need reservations):


Then we came back to our hotel room and chilled. (I got to watch The Bachelorette! What is up with that guy with the mask? Really? A mask? Why????)

Today I am relaxing on my own while Steve is working. So far I've gone for a workout along the canal by our hotel and plan on reading by the pool. This working momma is enjoying a day to herself...ahhh! Life is good! View from our hotel room:


This afternoon once Steve returns from work we are going over to Cornado Island to check it out. Any recommendations of where to eat on Cornado Island?

Then back to reality and kids and work and pets tomorrow.

Happy decorating and living-
Megan
megan@cottagebluedesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment