Friday, June 1, 2012

Painted Cabana Curtains

Hi friends,
How are you? Ready for the weekend? I bet you are. What are your plans for the first weekend in June? The Brew Crew doesn't really have any plans at all and honestly, that suits us just fine. We might try out a new awesome park in Raleigh, will probably head to the pool, and most likely visit church on Sunday but otherwise we're wide open. Oh, I do hope my husband and I start watching season 2 of Dowton Abbey. We just finished watching season 1 and we're hooked!

I am so excited to share my newly painted curtains with you. You might remember that recently I painted stripes on an inexpensive white cotton rug from Ikea for this same room (you can see the rug in the pictures below). Then my husband painted the entire room (including the ceiling). It went from a drab warm brown to a light cool blue (Valspar's Beachhouse). That new paint job inspired the need for new fun curtains. I bought super cheap white cotton panel curtains from Target (less than $30 for the pair) and a gallon of Neptune Blue paint (Behr brand from Home Depot). My inspiration was wanting a cabana beach look. I couldn't find anything at all like I thought up in my head online so I figured I'd make what was in my head! I chose flat interior paint because I didn't think a sheen or gloss was the kind of look I wanted. The paint was a little tricky to work with- it bleed over my blue painter's tape lines in a couple of spots but I can live with that. I don't think you can tell it's paint on the curtains unless you touch them. For less than $60 for the pair, I have beautiful big wide stripes on my new cabana beach curtains in my home office. I'm really digging them!

See what you think:

















This room is just about finished now. I am drooling over some painted wooden seahorse cutouts that I found on etsy.com recently. I am hoping that I get them for my birthday next month and if so, I plan on adding them to my home office. Then, I think this room will be finished (at least for now, who am I kidding? No room is ever 'finished' in my house!).

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I hope you have fun and find some time to relax and get rejuvenated for next week. I am headed to South Carolina next week to teach some math courses to educators there.

Be well all.
Happy decorating & living,
Megan
meganlawbrewer@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment