Thursday, August 23, 2012

Spicing It Up in the Living Room

Hi friends,
Thanks for joining me today. I hope you're having a good week and are going to have an awesome weekend.

Okay, this is sad and I have a problem. I spiced up the living room this week and before I even had a chance to share the changes with you, I have already changed it again. What can I say? I've had both kids back in school full-time and I've had the week off of work so I've had time on my hands to play decorating. I am not going to lie, having both kids back in school full-time has been soooo lovely. I've felt guilty how absolutely lovely it has been. I've gone for walks every day and have been trying out my new 'prayer chair' (I can't wait to share that with you). It's been heaven!

Back to decorating.....the living room.....a week ago this is what we were working with:

1.



I decided to try out the old wicker chair arms from the eat-in kitchen in the living room and took out the small cabinet. Here's where we were earlier this week:

2.





Then today happened. I decided to spice up the family room (which I need to share with you) and that spicing up led to this spicing up. I needed this old Pottery Barn white slipcovered sofa to go somewhere (it got kicked out of the family room)- I am waffling on Craig's Listing the old sofa or trying to find a spot for it upstairs in the bonus room. See what you think.....(don't look too closely at the slipcover on the sofa- it's time to throw it in the wash)-

3.



 






 

I have to admit that at first I thought, 'NO WAY' about putting this large old sofa in this small room (we actually tried it in there when we moved in) but after peeking at it over the last couple of hours now I am warming up to the idea. I'm not saying that it might not still find it's way upstairs in the bonus room or find itself another home from a Craig's List friend. We'll see old sofa...you're old but you're comfy.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Happy decorating & living,
Megan
meganlawbrewer@yahoo.com

3 comments:

  1. My fav is the sofa! That is one gorgeous sofa too!! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane! I just figured out that that sofa will now be called my 'reading sofa'. Perfect quiet room for it! I think I should rename my blog, 'Spicing it up!'.
    Hope you have a great weekend-
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This information is really nice. This type of post is attracting people to read. Thank you for sharing. . .
    warehousing and storage services in delhi.

    ReplyDelete