You might have seen my Guest Room postings a few months ago. Many of you gave me some great ideas for spicing up my guest room. Well, I did a few minor, inexpensive updates and wanted to share them with you.
Here's a sneak peak of the guest room now:
Here was the guest room before. This hodge podge wasn't working for me for so many reasons.
- The art work was spread out all over the room and not cohesive.
- The brown paint color really wasn't working for me.
- The sad one lamp wasn't doing much good.
Here are some more photos of the guest room now:
I decided to use my jumping off point with two inspiration pieces:
-the Carribean artwork (purchased on our honeymoon)
-the blue and green linens in the room
I made some very inexpensive changes to the room:
- Replaced old sad lonely lamp with two new bright green lamps with fun burlap shades
- Bought two new reversible pillows (green side/blue side)
- Repurposed tv tray with additional tray as another bedside table
- Put all of the Carribean artwork together on focus wall with bed instead of having it spread out all over the room
- Added reading material in baskets to both sides of bed
- Added old white shelf to wall with mirror and placed some old blue glass lanterns, starfish, and candle on it
I am still considering the possiblitity of painting the room, adding additional art work, and maybe purchasing some new linens (bedding and curtains). What do you think?
I hope you all have a great weekend. What are your plans? My 5 year old daughter Bryce and I are headed to the state fair today- our first state fair ever!
Happy decorating & living,