Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Halloween

Hi friends,
I have to admit it....we're crazy about decorating for holidays at my house! The kids and I dragged down the Halloween bins from the attic on October 1! They had so much fun rediscovering old Halloween decorations and discovering new purchases that I had made recently from a craft store and added to the bins. The kids helped me decorate our house for Halloween. It's definitely kid friendly decorating, not worthy of a magazine spread. But I wanted to share neverless.

Our favorite Halloween decorations have to be our lights. We come outside every night once it gets dark to dance around the lights.







We even have inside lights.







One of our favorite things to do is to put away our seasonal books, like our Halloween books, and only pull them out during that season. That way we are excited to see those books. They become special.



Other Halloween decorations.














Our new craft projects for Halloween.





What are your Halloween traditions? How do you like to decorate?
Enjoy the fall season all. Here's some Halloween inspiration.












Happy decorating & living,
Megan
megan@cottagebluedesigns.com

4 comments:

  1. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays and I loved your round-up of inspiration. I found you through a BowerPower comment and I'm glad I did (I'm your newest follower). Keep up the good work- your first house was lovely so I'm excited to see what you do with the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You do go all out for halloween ~ I totally LOVE it!!! Come visit me at my blog itsoverflowing.blogspot.com. I'm still putting final touches of Halloween around the house in prep for our Halloween Party!

    PS I also found you through your comment on BowerPower and I'm glad I did! I'll be checking back in for more inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for a new post....when you have time , that is.

    Halloween is my most un-favorite holiday. Sorry. Have never, ever enjoyed it.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hilary, Aimee, and Barb,
    Fall is definitely in the air! Loving the cooler weather. I have been in wine country in California celebrating a dear friend's wedding. I'll post some new stuff soon! Be well all-
    Megan

    ReplyDelete