Monday, October 24, 2011

Blue & Orange Inspirations

Hi friends,
You probably know that I love love love the color blue. I had a recent post dedicated to my love of blue. Oh blue, how I love you!

http://cottagebluedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/07/oh-blue-how-i-love-you-how-you-inspire.html


Now orange is on a whole another color plane for me. Actually, I don't think about orange or even consider orange as an option. But, something about orange is making my design tendancies stir. I did pick up some orange clothing at JCrew recently which was totally out of character for me (it felt great to try something really different- they're my favorite pieces right now).






Maybe it has something to do with the fall  I see outside my windows or the orange pumpkins abound everywhere. Did I mention that my new neighborhood is crazy about decorating for Halloween? (I should do a post on all of my neighbor's houses- it's crazy!).






I've been thinking a lot about orange right now. I am feeling very inspired with orange paired with my friend blue. How about you?








I do remember teaching my second graders that blue and orange have a very special relationship: they are complimentary colors meaning that they are directly across from each other on the color wheel. Designers will tell you that using complimentary colors is a good thing to do.


I am feeling very inspired, how about you?







I think this one below is my favorite because of the white and blue neutral backdrop. I could see adding the pops of orange seasonally:










I am thinking about how to spice up my home for the season with a little pop or two of orange. I'll share what I come up with this week. How about you?

Happy decorating & living,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment