Monday, September 21, 2015

Early Autumn Decorating

Happy Fall Y'all-
I live in North Carolina now so I get to officially use the word 'y'all'.

Thanks for joining me today friends. I wanted to share you with you my early fall decorating.
I break down my September - January decorating like this:

1. September: early fall, woodland creatures, bring out some extra blankets, a few dried floral arrangements
2. early October: start adding in some gourds and pumpkin plus mums
3. mid October: can we say H-A-L-L-O-W-E-E-N!!! Yes!
4. November: put out simple Thanksgiving tree (made with branches from back yard) and some turkeys
5. Day after Thanksgiving: Alleluia! Christmas time!!!!!
6. Day after New Years: Winter Wonderland for the month of January

I have to admit I get a little giddy about this time of year. I don't do much seasonal decorating from January through September except for a touch of Valentine's Day, Easter, and some Fourth of July stuff.

Here's a little peek at our early fall decorating for September:

Newly made Welcome sign from old wood and black Sharpie pen-
The porch is just waiting for some pumpkins, gourds, and mums, I can tell.....



My newest favorite woodland creature friends (I've started collected winter wonderland furry friends too that make an appearance in December and January) thanks to Pier 1 and Target:






Pinecones from the yard and dried floral arrangements:


























Again, happy fall y'all! Stop back by in a bit and I will share the addition of the pumpkins, gourds, and mums.
Happy decorating & living,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment