Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Favorite Christmas Tree Ornaments

Hi friends,
Thank you for joining me today at my blog. I hope you are well and feeling lots of joy this Christmas season. Some of you asked to see how I decorate my home for Christmas. I wanted to share our living room with you today. It's decorated for the holidays with our 3 year old and 5 year old in mind. I'll show you what I mean.

Here's the living room:




This basket holds Christmas "cuddlies" (stuffed animals) that only come out at this very special time of year:



This basket holds Christmas stories that also only come out this time of year. We love rereading Christmas classics as well as adding new Christmas books to our collection:



This table holds musical Christmas toys that our kids love playing and dancing around the room to the music:




Here are some Christmas pillows that I cross-stitched way back in the day when I used to cross-stitch:







Plus a fun new pillow addition from Target:



Now, let's focus on the tree for a bit. I LOVE to collect Christmas tree ornaments while we're traveling. I love remembering our adventures when I look at the ornaments on the tree every year. I am wondering what are some of your favorite ornaments. Here are some of my favorites:



This one is of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, DC. This is where my husband, Steve, proposed to me:


These next two are from Old Town Alexandria, Virginia where Steve and I had our first date. We had dinner then he took me on a ghost tour. I went back later to buy ornaments with him:



Los Gatos, California:


St. John, Caneel Bay. We snorkeled with sea turtles on our honeymoon:



Thanks again for joining me today. Stop back by soon and I'lls share how the family room is decorated for the holidays. I wish you a blessed Christmas season and the best of what 2012 has to offer.
Happy decorating & living,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment