Sunday, July 26, 2015

Birthday Flowers

Hey Friends,
Thanks for joining me today. I celebrated my birthday this weekend. One of those birthdays that kinda drags out over the weekend...I love those! I hope you've had one of those recently.  WE really must all have those kinds of birthdays. WE deserve it? Right? After all, we are celebrating that we are alive.

I had been travelling the last two weeks for work so I was super surprised to come home and find that my 9 year old daughter and Mr. Cottage Blue had decorated the house for me (with some very old birthday decorations that they found in the attic).  They also bought a variety of flowers for me that they placed around the house. I forgot to go upstairs and take pictures of the flowers up there.

Here's how they surprised me:























 
How'd they do? A really good job, huh? I'm feeling so loved. Mr. Cottage Blue and I were supposed to have a date night this weekend, but after two weeks away we cancelled the babysitter and hung out with the kids (snuggling on the sofa and some fishing at a local lake). Mr. Cottage Blue cooked me as wonderful dinner of lobster, shrimp, garlic, asparagus, and an ice cream cake. Feeling very blessed.
 
Thanks for joining me today friends. Stop back by sometime this week and I'll share some of my birthday goodies with you. Maybe you can guess what type of birthday goodies are my favorite. I hope you're having an awesome weekend.
Happy decorating & living,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment