Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Goodwill Coffee Table Project

Hi friends,
Thanks for joining me today. I am excited to share my latest cheap project with you. You knew it wouldn't take me long to tackle this one, right? I told you how impatient I am. Remember these two side tables I found at the local Goodwill last week for less than $20 for BOTH!


Well, this little project took about a weekend to complete (the primer and paint needed a chance to dry). I even got to use my husband's electric sander for this job. FUN! I wanted to make the tables look distressed.

Before:

 
 
Here are these two little cheap beauties put together as a coffee table now.
 
After:












 
 
 
I'm working on figuring out what to place on top of the tables. In the two baskets underneath the tables I placed a blanket in one for curling up on the sofa and magazines and remotes in the other.
 
I loved using my husband's electric sander to make this piece look cottage-ey and distressed. I can't wait to use it again. I'm thinking our guest room needs a small dresser that I can paint and distress at a great price of course!
 
I hope you're having a good week. It's pretty hot and humid here in North Carolina with typical afternoon thunderstorms predicted for every afternoon. Lots of good pool weather. I have one child at home now for the summer and the other child finishing up first grade this week. Then summer will commence!
 
Take care friends. Thanks for joining me today.
Megan


1 comment:

  1. Great post and amazing stuff! Thanks a lot for sharing this information. . .
    relocation services.

    ReplyDelete