Thursday, May 23, 2013

Red, White, & Blue

Hi friends,
Thanks for joining me today. Happy Memorial Day weekend (almost) to you! Do you have any special plans with friends and family? My sweetie and I are headed to Asheville, North Carolina to stay at the Grove Park Inn for the weekend. This was our Christmas present from my honey's thoughtful, generous, and awesome mother. Her only caveat is that she wants to watch our kids while we are enjoying the weekend. I call that a win-win situation! We have received many ideas on what to do in Asheville from friends. The top of our list is to visit the Biltmore which neither of us has ever done before. This is our first weekend away in quite a while without the kids so we're pretty excited to do some relaxing, antiquing, and eating!

Happy Memorial Day to all of those of you that have or do serve in the military or protect our country in any way. We do remember you and we do thank you! That includes my dad, my grandfather, my father-in-law, and two uncles. Thank YOU!

Here's how I decorated our porch: (note: it's time to replace the pansies with summer flowers)







 
 
I was at it again! I spiced it up on our screened-in porch this time. I added a glass and iron console table that used to be in our hallway to the porch. Now our hallway seems very spacious and bare which I'm actually really digging (at least for the time being):
 


 
Here's the newly spiced up screened-in porch. I'm still loving the design idea of grouping 4 chairs together. My husband and I love sitting out here at night once the kids are in bed and talking. I added a small lamp out here which used to be inside on the same table in the hallway. I'm thinking we might consider adding a rug and some more plants. What do you think?
 

















 
 
I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing and fun three day weekend this weekend. Thanks again for joining me today.
 
Take care.
Happy decorating & living,
Megan


1 comment:

  1. It is nice post and I found some interesting information on this blog, keep it up. Thanks for sharing. . .
    corporate shifting services gwalior.

    ReplyDelete