Friday, July 15, 2011

Eat-in Kitchen Update

Hi friends, you might have seen my recent Room Make-Over Design Plan for our eat-in kitchen.
Here's what we had:





Here's what I came up with:


Since I was overwhelmed with so much brown and not digging all of the brown in the room, I decided to try to paint all of the brown wicker chairs cream. Well, I did it and wanted to share with you some of my inspiration photos that inspired me to spice it up by painting the chairs.

I really liked this inspiration photo because it has the light colored chairs with the dark wood table (which we have):







After about 12 cans of cream spray paint from Lowes (about 2 cans per chair), here's what we have:












I am having a pillow dilemna. I don't think the pillows are working for me at all. I am considering some type of graphic writing or image like these inspiration pillows below. But I am not sure yet. What do you think? Did you like either of the pillows I tried out in the photos (the cream seahorses or the brown floral)?





Now, still to tackle:

1. Change out light fixture to newer, cleaner, simpler one like in my Design Plan.

2. Find either a small distressed wood buffet or painted wood buffet for this space.

3. Consider artwork. Chalkboard?

What do you think? What ideas do you have for me?

Happy decorating & living-
Megan
megan@cottagebluedesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment