Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Inspiration Bedrooms that are Relaxing

Hi friends,
I admit it, with two kids under 6 years old, two pets, one husband that travels a lot, and a part-time traveling gig for myself, I strive to create a relaxing bedroom for us.

We agreed after our honeymoon in Caneel Bay, St. John, US Virgin Islands, that we would not have a tv in our master bedroom. Our honeymoon suite did not have a tv and we noticed how relaxed we were each evening......of course, that could have had something to do with the amazing wine we had at dinner and the sounds of the waves on the beach right outside our window plus the no-worries in the world attitude (we didn't have any kids yet and we were on vacation after all!)......But neverless, we loved falling asleep either reading or talking.

So, back to my eternal goal of creating a relaxing bedroom for us.
Here are some inspiration bedrooms that I find dreamy to look at:













Some common elements that I notice in the inspiration bedrooms that are relaxing are:
  • Simple designs
  • Beautiful linens
  • Reading chair
  • Calming colors (blue, green, tans, white)
  • No tv
  • Interesting lamps or chandeliers
  • Elements of nature


How relaxing is your bedroom? What is important to you in your bedroom? Do you have a tv?

We all deserve a relaxing, calming, and beautiful bedroom to get rejuvenated to take on the next day. I am still working on my bedroom. How about you?

Happy decorating & living-
Megan
megan@cottagebluedesigns.com

No comments:

Post a Comment