Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter!

Hi friends,
Thanks so much for stopping by today! I've been so bummed that I haven't had the time or energy to post lately. Too much work and traveling but....ahhhhh....here I am today sharing an update. So happy to be with you!

First things first, I hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter. We are psyched from our eat in kitchen:

 
Here's our little Easter tree purchased for mere dollars from the local Goodwill:

 
My little bunnies and colorful sheep purchased from our local grocery store, Harris Teeter, plus another little Easter tree and one of my all time very favorite classic Easter stories, The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes:


Cute little stackable wooden Easter eggs:

 
Homemade Easter paper garland:

 
 
 
Easter cards from family on display in hallway:


By the way, my handy husband finished painting the family room (remember it had brown walls and brown ceiling). What do you think now?

In case you're wondering, the paint color is Bay Waves from Valspar (I wonder if we are influenced by the names of paint colors? YES!):

 





 
 

 
 
 
 
 
You might have noticed we did add some new striped panel tan and white curtains in the room as well as brought down a bench from our bedroom to add to this room. We're really happy with how much brighter the room seems now that the light crisp blue walls and white ceiling have been added.

Next, we are going to repaint our living room a lighter tan with touches of green and gray and find a rustic round table for this room to make it our dining room to sit 8-10 comfortably.

We plan on keeping the: rug, curtains, chandelier, beach themed black and white photo wall and 2 chairs.

Need: distressed round table and a few more chairs plus fresh paint job.

Before:

 
 
 
 
 
 
After photos: TBD

Lastly, I wanted to share with you a mirror that I gave new life to in our house. Previously this small round mirror was a bronze color and had been banned to the attic. I painted it bright blue and hot glued starfish all around the perimeter to give it new life. Here it is in my home office:

 
 

Thanks so much for stopping by today friends. I hope that you have a fantastic week and notice all types of spring coming to life around you where ever you live and are filled with gratitude.

Happy decorating & living,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment